Thursday, July 7, 2011

Soup To Go

Dear Party of 15,

Thank you for coming in to my place of work tonight. I do regret that I did not have the opportunity to serve you and wait on you hand and foot, but I did see how much you made my fellow servers work. I did, however, have the opportunity to hear your rude remarks as did my tables that were beside you. I did try to help my fellow servers with their other tables since you were insisting they give you their undivided attention. I must admit, I did try to keep my distance for fear that I would cause you unnecessary grief. I appreciated your way of summoning my fellow servers by snapping your fingers or calling for them while they were trying to serve others....very inventive. And you left me amused as you threw all your leftovers on the floor under your table in retaliation of being charged a soup to-go...that's what I call classy. How dare my fellow servers deprive you of getting free food...I mean, don't they know that's why you came in? I know that this had nothing to do with your race, nor does it have anything to do with your upbringing. You definitely left a loud statement behind. We will not soon forget it.  

Sincerely,
Jaded Server

No comments:

Post a Comment